
So. We all know the potty situation, right? It's been three long years and eight stinky months of changing diapers with no end in sight. She's gone in the potty here and there, for the most part completely refusing to either go diaperless, wear her undies, or even sit on the potty at all.
This week I decided to dive right in and begin some guerrilla potty-training. My method: NO diapers at all during the day except for naptime, bedtime, and outings. Undies all day long. No ifs, ands, or buts. I'll put up with whatever whining and crying she wants to throw at me as long as she is not wearing a diaper.
Well, I came up with a Potty Chart, as seen above. And I don't care if anyone thinks of it as bribery or what have you, but I have explained to Sophie that for every time she puts pee pee or poo poo in the potty, she will get an "X" on her Potty Chart, and for every FIVE Xs, she gets a new toy. We went over this idea several times in the hopes that she would actually understand this concept. And so far, it seems to have worked!
Yesterday was the first day. There was no pottying in the potty; only the floor and on a chair. Of course, accidents are to be expected. Clean it up and grab a new pair of undies. (Curious George undies, of course!)
Today was Day Two of the Great Potty Chart Experiment. Progress was made!! With the help of some Nintendogs video game time and a lot of excitement and clapping, Sophie managed to potty four times in the potty. FOUR TIMES!
We'll see how it goes tomorrow and for the rest of the week, but it's looking good. I think there's finally an end of diapers in sight.




No comments:
Post a Comment