Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our new patio

As a Mother's Day gift, my mom bought the pavers for our new patio. We (meaning mostly me) dug up the sod and dirt, laid some landscaping fabric, poured the leveling sand, and placed the slabs. Sounds simple, eh? Not so much. I plan on doubling the size of it at some point. It's way smaller than I thought it would be. But here's the photos.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

There was a huge pile of dirt that I'd dug up that needed to be moved so Frank and Sophie grabbed their shovels and went to work.

2 comments:

Bonzie Designs said...

Sophster and her Dad diggin their way to Australia!
very cute pic, this is one to keep for Sophs 21st birthday party, dont ya think!

Ruby Clover said...

omg look at how cute she is with her yellow shovel! she was a huge help i bet!