So many things going on... Sophie's first year in pre-school is coming to a close at the end of May. Overall, it's been very successful. Sophie's language skills have dramatically improved and she has made several friends in class whom she talks about all the time. (One of which, we just found out, lives right next to us!) Sophie has had the best time there and gets excited every morning when we leave to "go see Miss Tina," her teacher. And Ms. Ester, the aide. And Sade, and Isaiah, and Chase, and Aidan, and Jonathan, and Angelica, and Angel... She's learned SO many new things there, I'm amazed almost daily at whatever new word she uses or concept she shows a grasp of. She learned about how plants and animals grow with an in-class garden and butterfly terrarium this spring. She even knows what a "chrysalis" is!
Soon she'll be starting Ballet classes and Gymnastics. Sophie's already taken two gymnastics classes (one with Mommy and one without) and has loved every minute of it. I hope she feels the same way about the dance class. I'll be posting pictures of her in her leotard and tutu for sure, so keep your eyes peeled.
I've been keeping busy with my knitting, my Etsy shop, my blogs, my knitting student, trying to keep the household afloat (which reminds me: I need to do grocery shopping tomorrow), keeping up with all my pals online, and keeping Sophie clean/fed/clothed/healthy/happy/potty trained/in bed/you name it. That last one is the trickiest.
Right now I'm organizing things for the community garage sale in June. I love doing garage sales. I ALWAYS have a ton of crap laying around that I don't want or need that can make me a few bucks. I've been FreeCycling like crazy lately so I don't have as much as I normally would but I have enough. I'm sure it'll be fun.
And as I mentioned before, I have a knitting student! I placed an ad at the community mail center offering knitting lessons and someone has taken me up on it! She's been brilliant so far, catching on very quickly and doing really well. It's a lot of fun and we're actually becoming good friends. It's always good to have another knitter friend!
I'm really looking forward to this summer... 1) No more daily preschool drop offs and pickups; 2) Frank gets half-days at work on Fridays so we'll get to spend more time together; 3) I get to go SWIMMING!; 4) My birthday is coming up; 5) There's at least one Chicago trip in store.
We've also added two little fishies to our household. They were a reward for Sophie a few weeks ago. There's Henry, a red betta fish, and Guppy, a frisky little yellow, well... guppy. Henry's got a 2.5 gallon tank all to himself because he tried to attack little Guppy, which I should have seen coming of course but was just hoping might work as it did with our last tank of fish: a betta, a guppy, and a fantail goldfish. They were just the happiest little trio of fishies you'll ever see. But not these guys. But they bring Sophie a lot of enjoyment. She just loves pulling up a chair and watching "Hendree" swim around and around. She marvels at how fast Guppy can swim.
I'm sure that's not everything, but that's going to be it for now.
Oh, and one last thing. My birthday? It's July 5th. And I have a WishList on amazon. Feel free to take a peek. :D
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment