Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sophie's New Bed!

Sophie has been displaying some gymnastic-like abilities lately in her crib. She's been lifting herself up completely off the mattress by leaning against and pushing off of the crib rail, with her tummy perched on the top of the rail. (Can you picture that? I'm not sure if that makes sense. It's like what a gymnast does before they go spinning around the bar.) We were afraid that if she even looked down, she would go tumbling over. SOoooooo, it's Bye Bye Crib, Hello Teddy Bed!






Here's a matching quilt that I haven't put on the bed yet. Isn't it a cute set? I couldn't resist when I saw it!



These shelves are strangely empty (I still haven't found those drawers to her jewelry box) because now Sophie has access to almost everything on her bookshelf. I got tired of picking up her LeapPad books and cartridges that she so enjoys throwing all over the room now that she can reach them, so those are staying elsewhere for the time being. I think we're going to have to reposition the bed so it doesn't give her as much of a boost to the upper shelves.


I've also had to relocate her afternoon naps to the playpen, set up in the loft. Her newfound freedom has allowed her to choose whether or not to stay in bed and take a nap or run around and play/destroy, so I decided to take that freedom back for a while. Just for naptime, though.


No comments: