As most of us know, Sophie is a pretty quiet kid. Always has been. We know she understands a lot because of how she responds to our questions and comments about wanting a snack, a nap, a toy, etc. But finally she is starting to say more. She's been saying Hi for a while now (she really likes to say hi to cashiers when they greet us at the checkout), and of course Mama and Dada/Daddy, but here are some recent additions to her repertiore: "nigh nigh" ("night, night") when she goes to bed, "na-na" for Snack, "buh buh" (with a wave) for Bye Bye, and my personal favorite, "pee", which of course means Please. Sometimes it sounds like "Pease," but most of the time it's only "peeeee." Probably the most useful one yet is when she says "up." She mimicks the "come here" hand motion I make when I ask her if she wants up. Very cute!
Sophie and I were at the library recently and I sat down on the bench in the lobby getting my things together and she laid her head down on the bench, squeezed her eyes shut really tight, and with a huge smile on her face she said "Nigh nigh." And she did this over and over again. Each time, she made sure to open her eyes when she laid her head down to see that I was watching.
Her favorite thing to say for the past several months has been something along the lines of "DuppyDuppyDuppyDuppyDuppy." Sometimes the D sounds like Th, and sometime the U sounds like O, so if you've followed all that, it kind of sounds like she's saying her name over and over again. Duppy=>Thopie=>Sophie? Maybe. We're not sure, but we like to think so. :)
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment